Vilna Shul is proud to participate as a sponsor in this year's Boston Jewish Food Conference.
Registration is now open for the 5th annual Boston Jewish Food Conference on Sunday April 3, 2016 at Congregation Shaarei Tefillah! The focus this year is on the whole food system, and how in the age of industry, feeding millions and often lacking in transparency, we are pieces of this great puzzle. In an effort to nourish our bodies and whole selves, we’ll examine the people, places, and systems that supply us with our food.
11:30 a.m. Registration Opens
A sample of our workshops:
- Which was factory farmed first: the chicken or the egg?
- Farmworker Labor Rights: Who picks the food that we eat?
- Using Our Forks to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint
- Transparency in the Fish Supply Chain
- Sourcing your Simcha (celebration) Sustainably
- Labelling foods containing GMOs in MA: A Case Study in Judaism, Ethics, and New Technology
Or, join our chef educators in the kitchen to prepare our meal of Borscht, Mujadra, and local Wheat Berry Salad.
For more information, check out the frequently asked questions.